Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Trophies

PS3 latest Firmware 2.41 fixed the bugs in 2.40 and so far it's all sound & stable. Sony has gone simple with its in-game rewards / bragging rights system, settling on the concept of "Trophies" for rewarding players for their ... achievements in games.

The first two games to support Trophies are the Sony-published PixelJunk Eden and Super SatarDust HD, so I went ahead and bought Super StarDust HD off the US PSN for bout US$10.50 to try out this new trophy system.

my first 2 trophies

I was never really a fan of achievements, though I can't deny I'm *secretly* addicted to them. I really like Sony's concept on different classes and levels of trophies. Also, there are news that some previously released games such as Unchartered & Burnout Paradise will be patched in the near future to support this trophy system. This has certaintly extend the playablility of these games and I guess I would postpone selling my Unchartered and complete it all over again.

Now, back to trophy whoring.