Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Night Drive

I've forgotten how much I enjoyed driving... now that I'm enjoying my week of time-off, I've the chance to take my Dad's Altis out for a good drive everyday.

Recently my Mum told me something that really shocked me... she wants to buy me a car! Wow, what did I done to deserve this ?! ha ha. Tho' I really appreciate her doting gesture, I rejected. I really wish to have my own car but the timing is just not right, plus I think she should just keep her money for herself.

For me, having a car now is a both luxury and (more of a) burden:
- 2 ERP gantries to work
- parking expenses @ Tanjong Pajar/Shenton Way area
- definetly would "zheng" my car here & there for 1st couple of months
- being an auditor requires to travel rather extensively to clients' locations
- my current (work) travel expenses are fully claimable from the firm
- some misc $$ incurred in maint, insurance, tax, etc.

It's just not the right time and I don't forsee owning a car in the next erm 1.5 yrs? Anyway, i'm just glad to be able to take my Dad's car out when it's available and not worry bout such things so soon.

I'll be behind this wheel when Daddy's not meeting clients/relaxing at home/lazy