Sunday, June 15, 2008

iPhone 3G

Apparently, SingTel is taking reservation for the upcoming iPhone 3G to be available soon here in Singapore. Didn't know this until I stumbled upon the SingTel page. I was a loyal SingTel customer since secondary school until last year. It's actually a big woo-ha considering we don't pre-order or reserve phone here.

Should I?? Did some reading off the net and realised that iPhone 3G is merely iPhone 2.0 with the inclusion of GPS, ability to support 3rd party apps (legally) and a slightly improved battery life. The lack of basic stuffs like MMS and voice recording is still a bumper.

I will get 1 eventually but right now? nah... not in such as hurry as to reserve 1 via SingTel. It's a matter of time before it will be available for the other Telco. Right now I still prefer my 5 mega pixel LG Viewty :)

It's on Starhub. My cable and broadband are on Starhub as well coz greater cost savings overall as a Hub club member plus its easier to manage by consolidating all the 3 services under 1 telco.