Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Special Price?

I was with Tai yesterday at Lot 1, walking aimlessly looking for any new stuffs in gaming and comics when I noticed that this particular game shop (not gonna ''proclaim'' the name of the shop coz u can basically narrow down yourself as there are few gaming related shops in Lot 1) is have have a 'Special Price' sticker on $9.90 on the Devil May Cry 4 Special DVD.

this is the exact DVD (my own copy) being marked at a 'Special Price' of $9.90

Wow, $9.90! It's pretty cheap and worth is for fans of the Devil May Cry game or anime series.

.
.
.
problem was
.
.
.
.
.


That's right, it's 'NOT FOR SALE'! This special DVD was from the PlayStation 3 Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition for the Asia region. I bought the special edition of the bluray game sometime this Jan or Feb and this was BUNDLED with the special edition of the game!

Isn't it unethical and a whole new low to separate it and sell off as a separate item? To confirm my doubt, I checked the retail price of the now-separated bluray game and yes, at normal full retail price. And to be totally honest, this shop does not have the best pricing of it's' products as compared to its competitors in this market.

Any uninformed gamer or anime fan of this series would have been tricked/lied/misrepresented/misplaced their trust in this rather reputable shop. Do u have to scoop to that level for a mere $9.90? Mind you, I saw quite a number of this DVD on 'sale' separately! Well, at least now I understand how this shop does its business.