Saturday, December 30, 2006

Death Note : The Last Name

Watched this today and I must say, its good. Rather impressed with the way the writers managed to compress the whole manga into just 2 movies. Very well written & directed. I'm not going to detail what happens in the movie here, you just have to watch it to really appreciated it. Btw, if those of you did not catch the one movie, I suggest you buy or rent the first one just to catch up coz the initial part of this sequel was just a really fast flashback together with Dani California by RHCP.

I really like the "2nd Kira" Misa Amane portrayed by Erika Toda. She's so beautiful and cute and always dressed in Gothic Lolita style.I
n this movie, her love for Light is so faithful and pure to even willing to die for Light. But sadly, she is just being used by Light in the mind games between Light and L. Some parts of the movie is really unexpected. Overall, this is a rather good movie as compared to the first.

If I happen to be the beneficiary of a Death Note, that will be awesome. I'll definitely use it. But I think having that "power" may ultimately overpower me, which I think, will not be a good ending. Maybe that's what the writers want to put across to the audience.

Kill Responsibly.