Sunday, August 27, 2006

New modules, new challenges, same shitty routine!

Yup, this post's title says it all. I barely had any rest this weekend. Lots of outstanding tasks on hand and just had the 1st Advanced Audit eve class 2 days ago (had to rush to FTC after work) and today being a sunday, I've Advance Taxation classes from 10am to 5pm with an hour lunch break from 1-2pm. Come new week tml will be slightly worse.

Mon 28/8 - Advanced Audit eve class
Tue 29/8 - Advanced Taxation eve class
Thurs 31/8 - Advanced Audit eve class
Sat 02/9 - Advanced Audit full 10am -5pm class
Sun 03/9 - Advanced Taxation full 10am -5pm class

Not forgetting my tons of work on hand with datelines closing in. Days that I don't need to attend eve classes means I've to OT myself in order to meet my datelines! Also, COMEX 2006 (IT trade show/exhibition) starts this fri till Sun, which I'm dying to go and get myself the Sony Cybershot DSC-T30!

Now taking on the final level of ACCA is starting to really stress me out. I'm all freaked out now coz both Advanced Tax and Advanced Audit really requires those knowledge that I acquired in level 2. It's like I'm taking 4 modules now coz my level 2 Tax and Audit knowledge seems decrepitly frail. Well, at least I know my future (and I mean near future) is leading somewhere. Big Four perharps? My past experience at PwC during my 6 months internship actually decides why I'm taking both Advanced Audit & Advanced Tax out of the 4 optional papers. Simply coz both have greater prospects imo. I'm already starting to countdown to exams. 98 days...

Less depressing stuff : I'll be expecting my Level 2 completion cert next month and if I managed to clear these 2 advanced modules and subsequently the core papers, I'll complete ACCA and be an ACCA affiliate this time next year! Its a attainable and measurable goal but not w/o lots of hard work.

Really gotta manage my time well this semester. Gotta balance and prioritise my work and studies. I think I'll Mr. Bastard from tomorrow onwards and focus on completing all my current work on hand. I've been too helpful at work sometimes and while people are eating into my time instead of theirs, its time for me to say NO! (but in a less direct and unnerving manner). Sorry guys... you've your tasks and boss to report to, I've mine
; unless you're willing to bear the consequences if I fail to meet my datelines...